Sponsors and supporters
The event is organised jointly by the Latvian Transatlantic Organisation, the Latvian Ministry of Defence, and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Latvia and offers a unique venue for constructive dialogue on international security issues between leading global decision makers.
Latvian Transatlantic Organisation
LATO is a non-governmental organization established on March 21, 2000 with the aim to bring together likeminded individuals who want to promote Latvia`s membership in NATO. LATO aims to inform about NATO and Latvia`s membership in the Alliance by organising public informative events about Latvian and Euro-Atlantic security issues. LATO distributes information and encourages discussions on questions relating to Latvia`s defence and security policy to promote partnership with other countries, and to promote understanding of the international community about Latvia`s foreign policy aims.
Ministry of Defence of the Republic of Latvia
The Ministry of Defence of Latvia is a leading state administrative institution in the field of defence and is directly subordinate to the Minister of Defence. The primary mission of the Ministry is to secure national independence and territorial indivisibility and ensure the safety of Latvian citizens. The Ministry of Defence develops and provides the implementation of the National Defence Policy, coordinates the policy in the areas of geodesy, cartography, and geo-spatial information, as well as in the areas of military education and research. Since the first conference in 2006, the Ministry of Defence has been one of the organisers of this important forum.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Latvia
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Latvia is the highest institution of state administration in the field of foreign affairs. It develops and implements the foreign policy of the Republic of Latvia in order to ensure an international and regional environment suitable for the healthy, sustainable development of the country in conditions of rapidly changing international politics. Zigfrīds Anna Meierovics (1887-1925) became the first Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Latvia. He was also the first diplomatic representative of Latvia abroad and the founder of the Latvian diplomatic service. The Latvian diplomatic service is the only institution of the Republic of Latvia that has been in continuous operation since the establishment of the state in 1918 up until now. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has been actively involved in organisation of The Rīga Conference since 2006 when the first conference was held during the NATO summit.
Tweets about us#RigaConf18 Tweets
- We would like to say a big thank you to our supporter @AudiLatvija for their continued support. In this year's conf… https://t.co/v3SWs6b11009.10.2018 (16:51)
- At #RigaConf18, I urged NATO allies to "map out and exploit the vulnerabilities" of Putin's inner circle, the Russi… https://t.co/FF2X8plkXV04.10.2018 (01:01)
- NATO doesn't have an effective deterrence or retaliatory capability against Moscow for cyber attacks. So at… https://t.co/IWn2ie8eUD02.10.2018 (17:06)
- Did you have chance to see @LATO_LV #RigaConf18 and discussion with @aivarj, RB Rail AS? If not, then watch the dis… https://t.co/pTMAGjKgOW02.10.2018 (16:15)
- Did you had change to see @LATO_LV #RigaConf18 and discussion with @aivarj, RB Rail AS? If not, then watch the disc… https://t.co/ysuIT4Vaso02.10.2018 (15:12)
- Governments and the media should have an understanding on what is #FakeNews. It is a matter of responsability and t… https://t.co/sx1tZyLzW801.10.2018 (16:51)
- Thanks to the #RigaConf18 team in @LATO_LV for a great conference once again. It was a pleasure to talk with Vlad V… https://t.co/3nS15ABTcW01.10.2018 (15:23)
- Is there a life after another successful "The Riga Conference"? The good news are that we are left w/ this brillian… https://t.co/7E78Dk3b4j01.10.2018 (12:41)
- Also on way back from #latvia #RigaConf18. Not for first time think Jeremy hunt should have stayed at health https://t.co/L88mV9WyNM30.09.2018 (19:38)
- Indeed, also Vladislav Inozemtsev argues according to the same lines ... https://t.co/nVoyDgdj2e #RigaConf18 https://t.co/odOeHrdMn430.09.2018 (18:09)
- Latvian parliamentary secretary @ZKLukasevica at #RigaConf18: Russia’s systematic efforts of challenging the rules-… https://t.co/d6DvYt9XCi30.09.2018 (11:31)
- #RigaConf18 Last night of the conference. Thank you for a great and well organised event from the Swedish MFA and t… https://t.co/aLLIvx30bM29.09.2018 (21:55)
- #RigaConf18 ended in an all-male fashion that dominated the discussions for the whole two days. It’s great we have… https://t.co/RH9zX3nCcZ29.09.2018 (21:14)
- PALDIES @LATO_LV @AizsardzibasMin @Arlietas un atbalstītājiem par kārtējo izcilo #RigaConf18! Thank you for another… https://t.co/Dd4zZZUerH29.09.2018 (20:45)
- Thanks to our speakers, our participants, and you - our online audience! You’ve made this the best #RigaConf18 ever… https://t.co/UZEu1nkbsC29.09.2018 (18:39)
- Concluding #RigaConf18 @RaimondsBrg thanks everyone for coming to Rīga on the eve of its 100th birthday, urging tha… https://t.co/5Bsj0A6uPr29.09.2018 (18:37)
- In the UK, we don’t have conscription, we concentrate on professionalism of the army. We need to be resilient psych… https://t.co/ScXWhq2FI329.09.2018 (18:17)
- 'Governments and the media should have an understanding on what is #FakeNews. It is a matter of responsability and… https://t.co/z9NXltFp4V29.09.2018 (18:09)
- #RigaConf18 Basic question: what exactly are Western values?29.09.2018 (18:05)
- Governments and media need to reach common understanding of what misinformation and fake news are, - The Rt Hon Ear… https://t.co/qBv23NVs4029.09.2018 (18:05)
Founded in 1201, Riga offers its visitors a vast historical heritage and modern dynamism that is unparalleled.READ MORE