The Rīga Conference Future Scholars
Call for papers!
The Rīga Conference is an annual meeting of regional and international experts in foreign policy and defence, academics, journalists, and business representatives, promoting the discussion and assessment of issues affecting the transatlantic community. At this year’s conference, amongst other things, we will consider EU role in rise of geoeconomics, security challenges in the information age and hybrid warfare, transatlantic relationship as a critical axis of global stability, relations between Russia and the West as well as prospects of Eastern Partnership countries.
You can become a part of this year’s discussion by writing your view on the conference topics. Submit your policy analysis paper on one of the 4 topics:
1) Can democracies win the modern battle?
2) Defending the EU: vectors, perspectives, paradigms.
3) The Nordics/Baltics: strategising the region’s international role.
4) NATO and a new international system in the making.
We encourage undergraduate and graduate students from all over the world to share their views and bring up the discussion about one of the topics.
It should be 5 to 10 pages long (text formatting - Times New Roman, 12pt, 1.5 line spacing, justified) and reflect policy analysis and your personal view as conclusions on one of the topics mentioned before.
After evaluation, 10 best submitted papers will be published on the Rīga conference website www.rigaconference.lv and will be receiving an invitation to attend the Rīga Conference 2018 in Riga, Latvia on September 28 – 29, 2018. For the best 3, the organisers will cover the accommodation costs for the time of the conference.
Send it in to: email@example.com
Deadline for submition: August 30, 2018
Results will be announced on our website www.rigaconference.lv on September 3, 2018
For any further questions contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tweets about us#RigaConf18 Tweets
- We would like to say a big thank you to our supporter @AudiLatvija for their continued support. In this year's conf… https://t.co/v3SWs6b11009.10.2018 (16:51)
- At #RigaConf18, I urged NATO allies to "map out and exploit the vulnerabilities" of Putin's inner circle, the Russi… https://t.co/FF2X8plkXV04.10.2018 (01:01)
- NATO doesn't have an effective deterrence or retaliatory capability against Moscow for cyber attacks. So at… https://t.co/IWn2ie8eUD02.10.2018 (17:06)
- Did you have chance to see @LATO_LV #RigaConf18 and discussion with @aivarj, RB Rail AS? If not, then watch the dis… https://t.co/pTMAGjKgOW02.10.2018 (16:15)
- Did you had change to see @LATO_LV #RigaConf18 and discussion with @aivarj, RB Rail AS? If not, then watch the disc… https://t.co/ysuIT4Vaso02.10.2018 (15:12)
- Governments and the media should have an understanding on what is #FakeNews. It is a matter of responsability and t… https://t.co/sx1tZyLzW801.10.2018 (16:51)
- Thanks to the #RigaConf18 team in @LATO_LV for a great conference once again. It was a pleasure to talk with Vlad V… https://t.co/3nS15ABTcW01.10.2018 (15:23)
- Is there a life after another successful "The Riga Conference"? The good news are that we are left w/ this brillian… https://t.co/7E78Dk3b4j01.10.2018 (12:41)
- Also on way back from #latvia #RigaConf18. Not for first time think Jeremy hunt should have stayed at health https://t.co/L88mV9WyNM30.09.2018 (19:38)
- Indeed, also Vladislav Inozemtsev argues according to the same lines ... https://t.co/nVoyDgdj2e #RigaConf18 https://t.co/odOeHrdMn430.09.2018 (18:09)
- Latvian parliamentary secretary @ZKLukasevica at #RigaConf18: Russia’s systematic efforts of challenging the rules-… https://t.co/d6DvYt9XCi30.09.2018 (11:31)
- #RigaConf18 Last night of the conference. Thank you for a great and well organised event from the Swedish MFA and t… https://t.co/aLLIvx30bM29.09.2018 (21:55)
- #RigaConf18 ended in an all-male fashion that dominated the discussions for the whole two days. It’s great we have… https://t.co/RH9zX3nCcZ29.09.2018 (21:14)
- PALDIES @LATO_LV @AizsardzibasMin @Arlietas un atbalstītājiem par kārtējo izcilo #RigaConf18! Thank you for another… https://t.co/Dd4zZZUerH29.09.2018 (20:45)
- Thanks to our speakers, our participants, and you - our online audience! You’ve made this the best #RigaConf18 ever… https://t.co/UZEu1nkbsC29.09.2018 (18:39)
- Concluding #RigaConf18 @RaimondsBrg thanks everyone for coming to Rīga on the eve of its 100th birthday, urging tha… https://t.co/5Bsj0A6uPr29.09.2018 (18:37)
- In the UK, we don’t have conscription, we concentrate on professionalism of the army. We need to be resilient psych… https://t.co/ScXWhq2FI329.09.2018 (18:17)
- 'Governments and the media should have an understanding on what is #FakeNews. It is a matter of responsability and… https://t.co/z9NXltFp4V29.09.2018 (18:09)
- #RigaConf18 Basic question: what exactly are Western values?29.09.2018 (18:05)
- Governments and media need to reach common understanding of what misinformation and fake news are, - The Rt Hon Ear… https://t.co/qBv23NVs4029.09.2018 (18:05)
Founded in 1201, Riga offers its visitors a vast historical heritage and modern dynamism that is unparalleled.READ MORE